Welcome to my mind.
I’m currently looking at five weeks off work with utter horror and almost anxiety. I have to do SOMETHING during that time and my mind inevitably turns to games design. The problem is – hilariously for those that know my recent struggles with zero inspiration – I have LOADS of embryonic ideas. Too many! Want to read about some of them?
- Hey, why not update Duty & Honour and Beat to Quarters?
- Whilst your doing that, why not expand the system to include more social, home based adventures ala Poldark?
- Why not ditch all of that and finish the BtQ-in-Space thing you started years ago. You even have a name for it: Pulsars and Privateers.
- How about that ‘The War’ thing where you do the Crimean War in Near Space as a series of Lady Blackbird-esque adventures?
- What about a nice simple fantasy system where characters are built with cards so everything is all swappable. You like cards, remember?
- Blood Rose, a throw away comment about a single-shot PbtA game of desperate and decaying bad people in their final days before The Fall, is burning in my breast.
- That Harlem Heroes/Inferno anthology has ignited my thoughts about a Future Sports game.
Settling down on one thing to do in five weeks of free time is going to prove … difficult!